Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bacio il Cuoco! : Italy and Food

WARNING: DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU ARE HUNGRY. IT IS JAM PACKED WITH AWESOMENESS OF DOOM AND. . . . STUFF. . . .

Okay, first off, please allow me to clear this up. For all those midwesterners out there that are under the misconception that the word "Italian" is pronounced with an emphasis on the "i", I will kill you if you do not stop. This food of amazingness (that we are so deprived of in this godforsaken region) is not from the country I-taly. There are few here that are that stupid. So why do you insist on saying "Italian" wrong? And it may seem like I am making a big deal about this, but believe me, it is enough to drive someone like my insane(er than I already am). Thank you.
Anyway, I will get on with this! I must say I am constantly in awe at how Italians can take the simplest (and freshest) ingredients and create something so mouthwatering.
I mean, look at this:


Caprese

Buffalo Mozzarella: If you have not had this, you have not lived. Try it NOW.


Bruschetta (Geez, this is a good picture.)



Do you really need a caption?



Alright, a show of hands of who wouldn't want to eat here. The lack of may or may not have something to do with our little amount of readers, but whatever.



Why does this come up when you Google image search fettucini? 



The REAL Fettucini: Ah, this is what we were looking for. After all, who needs a girl with a butt the size of a small country when you could have this?






Classic spaghetti and meatballs: It never gets old


Ah-ha. Here it is. Soak it in South Dakotans, because this is the real deal. So next time you're hauling your white, ranch dressing-loving butt to Pizza Hut (haha, I rhymed, are you proud?), think of this and be ashamed!



Mmm, calamari. I love this stuff.







Ah Vivi, here is your tiriMIsu. See? I pronounced it like you via blog! Be happy!



Cannolis, also for you, mi amore. (Yes, you stupid spell checker, I am sure that cannolis is a word. . . jerk.)


Okay, you may think you have an idea of how long I could go on like this, but believe me, you don't. Soooo, I will go now. This was mildly long, but that's okay, since it was hopefully as yummy for you as it was for me. ^_^ Ti amo e ciao!
Anna




No comments:

Post a Comment