Friday, November 20, 2009

Music (And not the dreaded kind, either!)

Hello (two) followers! We love you! (I think a martini is in order for celebration!) I'm blogging again to make up for my "absence." Because I know how much it means to ALL of you. *Hint, hint* Today the topic is music (again). I first would like to admit to my new obsession with the fairly unheard-of band I Am Ghost. Vivi even confesses that she thinks they have talent! That's rare for her! (Please note that even though she may say this, it does not, under any circumstances, mean that she personally likes the band.) Anyway, I like them mostly for their versatility (think first alternative rock, then screamo, then Queen, then Latin masses, then violin solos, then halloween sound effects, then Spanish guitar, etc. . . . ).  And their album covers are also pretty sexy:

(Pictures posted to give the misconception that we are actually talking about something interesting)


First album (We Are Always Searching)


Second album (Lovers' Requiem)


Most recent album (Those We Leave Behind)


That was totally necessary. I know you all feel like better people. Anyway, Vivi and I have somewhat different taste when it comes to modern, un-classical music. I won't speak about her favorite bands, because if I get something wrong she'll eat me alive. (And Vivi, don't deny that you are reading this and nodding. . .) I really like bands like Evanescence, My Chemical Romance, Panic! At The Disco, Fall Out Boy (this is getting a little mainstream. . .), Breaking Benjamin (and yes, I liked them before the movie Surrogates made them heard-of), Escape the Fate, Black Veil Brides, Metallica, Mayday Parade, etc. I think you get the idea. But I also (really randomly) like Sting, Michael Jackson (okay, well who doesn't?), Stevie Wonder, Kelly Clarkson (I seriously don't know why, I just looooove her. And yes, I am ashamed, so don't reprimand me, jerk), and. . . . a lot of other stuff that I'm sure you all really care about.
This is almost worst than a "this is what I did today" blog. But not worse than all of those blogs saying "Oh my god, Jonathan is five months, three weeks, six days, twenty one hours, and forty seven seconds away from turning four, as of eight seconds ago!" ISN'T THAT FREAKING EXCITING???? Ahem. Sorry. Those just really annoy me. You know those, right? Well, I clicked on the next blog button twenty times and kept track of how many blogs were similar to the latter. And this is an honest survey. So here are my results:

Baby/Pregnancy blogs, out of twenty randomly picked: 18
Other blogs, out of twenty randomly picked: 2

The remaining two were a blog describing this woman's marriage, play by play, and a poser emo blog talking about how much this one girl's life "sucks" even though any normal person's life would make hers look like a Disney movie. So there you have it. Vivi and I are one of the few teenagers swimming in an ocean of over-excited new mothers.
Well, this got off topic. . .
Ti amo!
Anna

1 comment:

  1. Kelly... *shudders* Clarkson? Oh gawdd....

    By the way I only got 17 out of 20 about mothers. The other three were about how awesome miley cyrus is, how much this girl loves her new husband, and an advice thing on new music to listen too. XD

    ReplyDelete