Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Leave the gun, take the cannolis" - Clemenza, The Godfather (1972)

Oh, come on.  Like you didn't know that quote was going to come up at some point.  Want to know where to get amazing cannolis?  Anthony Bourdain and Mario Batalli went there, I've been going there since I was a little girl.  Gencarelli's Bakery in Bloomfield, New Jersey.  Cannolis are my favorite pastry (and I am a great lover of pastry) and I just got a cannoli there recently.  They must have just made the cream.  It was to die for.  I mean really.  My last meal would be grilled cheese and tomato soup (made by Thomas Keller, I'm addicted to Bouchon's, on Columbus Avenue in the Mall, NYC, grilled cheese and tomato soup)  or duck.. regardless.  Grilled cheese and tomato soup and a cannoli/cheesecake/creme brulee for desert.  Oh my god, YES.  Sorry, foodie moment right there.  Also Modern Pastry in Hartfield, Conneticut.  My mom apparentally went there when she was in college.  Those pastries are to die for, like Gencarelli's, trust me it's worth the schlep from New Jersey, or wherever you live.  Oh yes, food.  Joe's Shanghai in Chinatown is really amazing chinese food.  Just thought I'd share that.  Though most any chinese in chinatown is...


Anna said I should write a short post, you know, (i.e. Anna's post below...)

"When I see a long paragraph it looks intimidating and I don't want to read it" - Anna
Haha.  So here's a non-intimidating short (er) paragraph for you all. 

Ti amo e ciao,

Violetta 

No comments:

Post a Comment