Saturday, October 31, 2009

"If you had a balloon that could carry a man to mars and the pilot you picked disappeared, would you get in the balloon yourself and cast off?" * - Dr. Jekyll, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941)

Happy Halloween!

I wanted to do something extroadinary for all you dedicated readers out there, but... well failure, on both accounts.  Right now I'm watching Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.  The 1941 version with Spencer Tracy, Lana Turner, and Ingrid Bergman.  I've only got to the part where he JUST turned into Hyde, so I can't give anything away, even if I wanted to.  Ingrid Bergman's cockney accent is like nails on a chalkboard, but other than that, it seems like a decent movie.

Today kind of sucked, just a bit.  I didn't go "trick-or-treating" and had no costume.  So I just sort of moped about.  I was planning on being Alice, but originalized (like Lewis Carroll's illustrations, i.e. image below), you could say.  That failed.  Oh and I have no friends to go with, due to the fact that Anna lives thousands of miles away.  I put so much work into my pumpkins, that was entertaining at least.  I just took pictures, and I don't know where the camera cord is, so you won't see those.  Gesu... when did this become a "this is what I did today" blog!  But that is what I did today.  Not to mention the purple temporary hairspray-dye I stuck in my hair, I stuck my head in the sink, but I need shampoo.  It's so annoying.  So, yes.  I'll go finish that movie now... I hope Anna enjoyed her halloween.  Oh, and note, that quote cannot be exact.  I should just rewind the movie... but, eh.   I can't find it online.  But you get the point, just put it in a Spencer Tracy voice, and we've got it! (*I fixed the quote, that is exact.)
 



See, now this isn't too long now is it.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN, don't die.

Ti amo e ciao,

Violetta

No comments:

Post a Comment